The Regional Center for Biomedical Research in the UCLM
The Regional Center for Biomedical Research (CRIB, Centro Regional de Investigaciones Biomédicas) is a research center of the University of Castilla-La Mancha, which was created in July 2000 as a result of an agreement whith the Ministry of Health of the Junta de Comunidades de Castilla-La Mancha, in order to promote biomedical research in the region.
The goal is to strengthen and to coordinate existing research lines and encourage new ones to improve the quality of our health care system and to create opportunities for professional training in biomedical research.
- To establish programs of basic and applied research in biomedical health problems.
- To implement infrastructure and technology to carry out such projects, including core facilities.
- To collaborate in the training of researchers and technical personnel.
- To promote scientific collaboration with other regional, national and international institutions.
CRIB has core facilities, acquired with funding from Castilla-La Mancha, Spain and the European Union (ERDF), including the following:
- Confocal microscopy
- Laser Microdissection
- DNA Sequencing
- Flow Cytometry
- Quantitative PCR
- Analytical Instrumentation Unit
In April 2007 opened its building next to the Faculty of Medicine, Albacete, which was built with European funds ERDF co-financing.
The Centre employs around 90 researchers, of which 50 are permanent staff and the rest are fellows in training, technical support for research and doctorate students.
The CRIB is organized in thirteen research groups:
- Biology of Cell Growth, Differentiation and Activation
- Cell Neurobiology and Molecular Chemistry in Central Nervous System
- Cellular Physiology and Dynamics
- Health, Medicine and Society
- Human Neuroanatomy
- Molecular Mycology
- Molecular Oncology
- Molecular Virology
- Neurochemistry of Ciudad Real
- Neurophysiology and Behaviour
- Neuroplasticity and Neurodegeneration
- Obesity and Diabetes with Ageing
- Oxidative Stress and Neurodegeneration
Director: Dr. Antonio Mas López
Lab. Virología Molecular
Avda. Almansa, 14. 02008 Albacete
Centro Regional de Investigaciones Biomédicas
Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha
Complejo de la Facultad de Medicina de Albacete
C/ Almansa, 14. 02008 Albacete
(+ 34) 967 599 362
(+ 34) 967 599 360